Fire Risk Assessment
…. for non-domestic properties are a legal requirement.
In-Line Safety’s fire safety risk assessments team have a strong track record of working closely with the property departments of businesses to provide assessments that are cost effective, impartial (free from being tied to any fire safety equipment manufacturer or provider) and that meet all statutory requirements under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 requires the Responsible Person (RP) of any non-domestic premises to carry out a fire risk assessment.
- measures to reduce or eliminate the risk of fire
- identify persons at risk
- where there are 5 or more employees, a record must be kept of significant findings
- A fire safety risk assessments must record all significant findings and any actions that are required to be taken
Who is a responsible person?
The person in control to some extent e.g. manager
The owner or owners of the premises
Failure to produce a valid fire risk assessment can result in significant fines and in some cases a custodial sentence.
- Identifying all potential fire hazards
- Identifying possible causes of ignition
- Potential sources of fuel such as combustibles and unsafe situations, such as unsafe procedures, acts or conditions
- Take account of the vulnerable, including the elderly, children, people with disabilities
- Identify specialist equipment such as fire appliances, evac chairs, appropriate storage facilities and signage
- Check doors, locks, access and escape routes
- Identifying bad housekeeping
- Draw up emergency fire evacuation plans
- Provide information for employees and other people on premises
- Provide fire safety training for staff
In-Line Safety’s fire risk report is easy to read, with the key significant findings presented within the first 3 pages and a clearly detailed action plan. The report can be on paper or in an electronic format.
Where required we can also draw up a schedule of remedial works and recommend installation of any equipment that is required, impartially selected on the basis of budget and appropriate use. We have a proven track record of substantially reducing the cost of FRA remedial works with many of our customers, yet still maintaining full compliance.